WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
Global Dental Scheme Ltd respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
1. Information about us
Our Site is owned and operated by Patient Plan Direct registered in England under company number 12122097.
Our Registered and Trading address is:
Global Dental Scheme Ltd
18a Darebsury Court
Data Protection Contact Details: Data Protection Officer
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 0333 3580 499
Postal Address: See above
2. What this Policy covers
3. What is personal data
Personal data is, in simple terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
4. Your Rights
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 11 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 12 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we hold. Please contact us using the details in Part 12 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to withdraw consent. This means that, if we are relying on your consent as the legal basis for using your personal data, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 12.
It is important that your personal data is kept accurate and up-to-date. If any of the personal data we hold about you changes, please keep us informed as long as we have that data.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. We would welcome the opportunity to resolve your concerns ourselves, however, so please contact us first, using the details in Part 12.
5. The data we collect and how
Depending on your use of our Site, Global Dental Scheme Ltd may collect and hold some or all of the personal and non personal data set out below from you when running and maintaining our website. We do not collect any ‘special category’ or ‘sensitive’ personal data via Our Site:
Technical information about your use of our site, including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you accessed. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data. This data will be collected via Google Analytics.
6. How we use your personal data and how long we keep it
Under the Data Protection Legislation, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data.
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
The following describes how we may use your personal data, our lawful bases for doing so and how long we keep it:
|What we do||What data we use||Our lawful basis||Retention|
|Communicating with you||Identity information – first and last names|
Contact information – email address
| Legitimate interests to be able to respond to your query and/or progress your request for assistance||2 years after contract end if client file established|
|Administering our website||Technical data (non-personal) about your visits to our website||Legitimate interests to establish how effective our website is||12 months|
We do not use your data for marketing purposes.
8. How we store your personal data
We store your data within Salesforce CRM. Salesforce is a secure cloud-based CRM system.
Our organisation’s server is based in London, UK.
9. Sharing your personal data
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to the following exceptions.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
10. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 12.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within 1 month and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
12. Contacting us
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details (for the attention of Jeanette Woodall:
Phone: 0333 3580 499
Address: Global Dental Scheme Ltd
18a Darebsury Court
This privacy notice was last updated on 18th September 2019.